How do you choose a Major Medical insurance plan that’s right for you?
Purchasing Health Insurance is not quite as easy as pushing a button and out comes an affordable instant quote. Some popular web sites do offer instant online quotes, however these quotes are for very basic plans commonly called “loss leaders” with very limited coverage. You will save no money doing an application on-line and very often will mess up the very complicated application resulting in a decline or increased premium.
Some key features to look for include:
- Hospital: The policy should adequately cover your room and board plus any miscellaneous charges while hospitalized.
- Surgical: This benefit pays your surgeons’ fee plus related costs such as anesthesiologist.
- Physician: Pays for visits by the in-network doctor while confined in the hospital or on an outpatient basis.
- ER/Urgent Care: Provides adequate coverage in the event of an emergency
- Ambulance Transport: Pays for ground as well as air transport to the hospital.
- Catastrophic Coverage: The plan should pay a high lifetime maximum to protect you against financial ruin in case of a catastrophic illness or injury
- Co-insurance Maximums: Commonly know as a “stop loss” – the plan pays 100% above a certain amount therefore limiting your financial exposure to a reasonable amount.
- Prescriptions: Offers reasonable co-pays for all 4-tiers of drugs, without a high drug deductible
We offer many plans and you have many excellent choices which ultimately will determine the final premium. Takes about 5 -10 minutes and we do not sell over the phone.
All our quotes are free for the asking, but you must talk to us so we can ask pertinent questions related to your age, sex, medication and overall health status. We offer many plans and you have many excellent choices which ultimately will determine the final premium. Takes about 5 -10 minutes and we do not sell over the phone.
We are full-service, multi-state licensed insurance agents specializing in finding the best insurance available at an affordable price for the self-employed, independent contractors , small business owners, individuals and their families.
It is our job to work directly with you to find the right policy, with the right coverage, at the right price for you and your family. Contact Smart Health & Life Insurance today to see what your options are!